William and Kate have almost reached their one month anniversary, but all is not completely quiet on the celebrity wedding front. Here’s a quick update of who’s in wedding news today:
- Actress Sara Rue (Less than Perfect, Shedding for the Wedding) married teacher Kevin Price Saturday in a hummingbird and butterfly themed wedding at The Bel-Air Bay Club in Los Angeles. I am in awe of the Aruna Seth Farfalla Platform butterfly shoes Sara wore for her big day. Her “Dahlia” bridal gownby Amsale Aberra was also very pretty.
- Dallas Cowboys quarterback, Tony Romo (you remember him, he used to date Jessica Simpson) is set to marry Candice Crawford (no clue) this weekend at the historic Arlington Hall mansion in Dallas, Texas.
- Who’s not talking about Kim Kardashian’s (Her claim to fame? Born to the right parents, I guess…) gawdy (as in gawd-awful) 16.5 carat engagement ring. The colossal waste of money was purchase by Kardashian’s new fiancé, New Jersey Nets forward Kris Humphries (who looks a little like Taylor Lautner.) According to Kim’s sister, Kloe, “It’s going to be royal wedding No. 2.” I don’t know about you, but I think the Kardashian sisters overestimate their own importance just a mite.
- Now that Kate Middleton is officially the Duchess of Cambridge, she’s taken a dive in the popularity polls and is now taking a back seat to sister, Pippa Middleton. Stay tuned.
Check it out
- Have a look at this wedding gown, the “Nicca,” also by designer, Amsale Aberra. The belt adds just a touch of color from the front view, but cascades down the back of the skirt for a surprise swath of color from behind.
- The Obamas (Barack and Michelle… you know, those Obamas) finally met with newlyweds William and Kate on their recent trip to Europe. The Reiss dress worn by the new Duchess of Cambridge for her meeting with the Obamas became such a smash hit, the store’s website crashed within minutes after pictures were made public.
- Just as I suspected, the royal wedding provided a much needed boost to the economy in the UK. Perhaps what we need here in the U.S. is a royal wedding of our own. How old are those Obama girls now?
- Celebrity marriages never seem to last. Check out this list of celebs who have stuck together in this week’s celebrity wedding anniversary list from WeddingChannel.com.