Since St. Patty’s Day is one of my favorite holidays, I felt compelled to write another post about this day of uninhibited Irish celebration. Plus, it just so happens that Knot the Groom’s weekly deal involves one of St. Patrick’s Day’s most cherished activities—drinking. Fortunately this year the holiday falls on a Saturday, so you’ll have a full day to recover after your night of debauchery. But, wait, whom am I kidding? I mean day of debauchery; because all good St. Patrick’s Days begin immediately upon rolling out of bed. Put your Irish hat on and follow my tips for a fun and lucky day!
Deal Alert! This personalized beer mug is 30% off this week only! Add this beauty to your barware collection to ensure the drinks keep flowing this March. Use code FB030512 at checkout.
Saint Patrick’s Day Ideas
1. Drink the two Holy Trinities—Guinness, Harp, Smithwick’s and Jameson, Powers, Tullamore Dew. (Suggestion from our favorite guest blogger and drink master Jeff)
2. Buy chocolate gold coins and hide them everywhere.
3. Kiss a redhead.
4. Eat corned beef, cabbage and soda bread. Yum!
5. Carve and carry a wooden shillelagh (walking stick), and yell “Shillelagh Power” at every opportunity.
6. Wear an obscene amount of green. Think Wizard of Oz and Emerald City.
7. Wake up early on Sunday and watch your neighbors stumble home. If you’re the one doing the stumbling, wave.
8. Make your own Shamrock Shakes!
9. Most importantly, Irish responsibly.
Keep your drinks cold with these handy beverage coolers!